Join us on Friday, May 12th, 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. in the Church Library to discuss 7 Women: And the Secret of Their Greatness by Eric Metaxas. Each of the world-changing figures who stride across the pages is an exemplary model of true womanhood. Writing in his trademark conversational and engaging style, Eric Metaxas reveals how these extraordinary women achieved their greatness, inspiring readers to lives guided by a call beyond themselves. Contact Christine Pearson at 443-758-7576 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Every day there are children in need of a safe environment in Colorado and we need more people to commit to these children! Informational meetings for foster care in the Denver Metro area will be on May 10th from 12:30-1:30pm and from 5:30-6:30pm at the LFS office 363 S. Harlan Street, Suite 105, Denver, 80226. We hope to see you! Please contact Anne Hamilton for more information: 303-217-5869.
- Join us for the LFS 34th Annual Benefit Gala featuring Matt Iseman at the Westin DIA on May 20th. Matt Iseman is from Colorado and is host of NBC’s “American Ninja Warrior” and winner of the 2017 “The New Celebrity Apprentice.” After dropping out of medical school to pursue stand-up comedy, Matt’s witty humor led him down an unexpected path through life. The Spring Gala features a night of dinner, entertainment, an auction, and companionship. Please register at LFSRM.org/events. (A flyer for the event is attached to this email as well)
- LFS’ Older Adult & Caregiver Services offers free monthly telephone conferences to answer your questions about aging, called Ask Your Care Manager. The next one is titled Benefits for Veterans and will be on May 10 from 12:00-1:00pm MST. Elderly Veterans may be eligible for a wide-variety of benefits available to all U.S. military Veterans. Learn how to access benefits for which you may be eligible. Registration is required. To register, sign up at lfsrm.org or contact our staff at 303-217-5864 or 970-232-1180.
Church Relations and Development Generalist
Lutheran Family Services Rocky Mountains
The Lutheran Chorale invites you to join us for “A Timeless Message, By Grace You Have Been Saved” on Sunday, May 7, 2017.
At this final concert of our season not only do we perform many of the songs we love to sing – including, “Give me Jesus”, Ferguson’s “Jesus Loves Me”, “Here I am, Lord”, “The Lord is My Shepherd” from the Rutter Requiem and “How Lovely is Thy Dwelling Place” from the Brahms Requiem, but also include a tribute to those who 40 years ago envisioned and established The Lutheran Chorale.
We will be having 2 concerts: Peace Lutheran Church 5675 Field Street, Arvada at 3:00 pm and King of Glory Lutheran Church, 10001 W 58th Street, Arvada, 7:00 pm. We do not sell tickets, but will appreciate your support in free will offering.
Dear friend of Siberian Lutherans!
Greetings from Marshalltown, Iowa!
In my March 2017 NSM newsletter, I wrote that my mission service with LCMS Office of International Mission (OIM) and work as Area Representative to Eurasia–LCMS Church Relations (CR) has come to an end.
Again, I thank you for your prayers and financial support during these 5 years of missionary and church relations service!
I am now seeking a Divine Call to return to full-time pastoral care in a congregation. Prior to being “Called” by OIM in 2012 to leave the parish, move to Germany, and serve as a missionary in Eurasia, I frequently traveled to Siberia. However, my 17+ years of mission activity in the region will not end. I plan to continue my work in Eurasia, part-time, under the auspice of the Siberian Lutheran Mission Society (SLMS).
I have two trips to Eurasia planned in the next two months. I will be traveling to Lithuania, Ukraine and Germany on 17 April to 3 May… and to Siberia on 10-24 May. I ask for your prayers for safe travel.
You may support mission activity in Siberia and the work of the Siberian Evangelical Lutheran Church (SELC) by sending a check to: Siberian Lutheran Mission Society c/o Ascension Lutheran Church 8811 St. Joe Rd. Fort Wayne, IN 46835
Support for my travel and seminar expenses can be received through the Siberian Lutheran Mission Society (SLMS) with a memo: “For Rev. Johnson’s travel and seminar expenses.”
The Siberian Lutheran Mission Society (SLMS) is a Recognized Service Organization (RSO) of The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (LCMS) and a 501(C)(3) tax-exempt organization. More information on the SLMS can be found at: https://www.siberianlutheranmissions.org
I have attached the latest “Faith and Hope” newsletter from the Siberian Evangelical Lutheran Church (SELC). This newsletter has been re-formatted to fit a bulletin board, church e-newsletter or bulletin insert. Friends and supporters of the SLMS have permission of the SLMS to distribute or present this attached newsletter by reprinting it on a copier or resending it by electronic media.
The Siberian Lutheran Mission Society, the Siberian Evangelical Lutheran Church, and I pray you have a blessed Lententide, Holy Week and Easter Festival!
Rev. Daniel S. Johnson
President, Siberian Lutheran Mission Society (SLMS)
Join us on Friday, April 7th at 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. in the Church Library to discuss the book “The Zookeeper’s Wife” by Diane Ackerman. This is a true story in which the keepers of the Warsaw Zoo saved hundreds of people from Nazi hands. For more information contact Christine Pearson at 443-758-7576 or email@example.com.
Annual “For the Love of Books” Event – THANK YOU!
Thank you to all who participated in the annual “For the Love of Books” event hosted by the Women’s Library Circle, Women’s Book Group, and Thrivent Action Teams. Our “Guess How Many Books in Our Library” contest winners are: Joshua Hughes (Child), Josiah Ahlman (Youth) and Judy Shelley (Adult). For those who are curious our church library has 4,176 books! The winner of the “Blind Date with a Book” entry is Pat Frahm. All Contest Winners are invited to stop by the Church Library today to claim their prizes. Thank you to everyone who stopped by the Coffee Hour to enjoy refreshments and donated monies toward Josh Hofmeister, Peace Lutheran Missionary. We will continue to sell “Hearts for Missions” magnets and collect coins in our Penny Jar for Josh. From the Ladies in the Women’s Library Circle and Women’s Book Group.
Life Line Screening, a leading provider of community-based preventive health screenings, will offer their affordable, non-invasive and painless health screenings at Peace Lutheran Church on 4/27/2017. Five screenings will be offered that scan for potential health problems related to: blocked arteries which is a leading cause of stroke; abdominal aortic aneurysms which can lead to a ruptured aorta; hardening of the arteries in the legs which is a strong predictor of heart disease; atrial fibrillation or irregular heart beat which is closely tied to stroke risk; and a bone density screening, for men and women, used to assess the risk of osteoporosis. Register for a Wellness Package which includes 4 vascular tests and osteoporosis screening from $149 ($139 with our member discount). All five screenings take 60-90 minutes to complete. In order to register for this event and to receive a $10 discount off any package priced above $129, please call 1-888-653-6441 or visit www.lifelinescreening.com/
The Lutheran Chorale would like to invite you to there “Century Celebration” concert on Sunday, March 12, 2017 at 3 pm at Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 2100 North Wadsworth Blvd, Lakewood. Join us for a journey into beautiful music through the centuries and how it has changed in words and sound. No tickets will be sold, but we appreciate your support in a free will offering. For more information please visit our website at thelutheranchorale.org, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lutheran Family Services Rocky Mountains February 2017 Announcements
1) Needs arise in all of our program areas throughout the year. Gift cards fill those needs at a moment’s notice. Grow a “gift card garden” to collect gift cards for LFS. The stores we could really use gift cards from are: Target, Wal-Mart, Safeway, King Soopers and gas stations. Contact Evelyn Johnson at email@example.com or 303.922.3433 if you have any questions.
2) Silent Auction Donations Needed – Partner with Lutheran Family Services and donate an auction item to the Spring Benefit Gala (LFS’ largest annual fundraiser). Individuals/groups are encouraged to put together a donation. Can you donate a gift basket, gift certificate, or item to help raise funds for our human service programs? All ideas and items are welcome! All contributions are tax deductible. Call Lauren Knudsen at 303.217.5860 if you have questions, to schedule a pick up or Mail to: Lutheran Family Services 363 S. Harlan St., Ste. 200 Denver, CO 80226
3) Lutheran Family Services Rocky Mountains Older Adult & Caregiver Services offers free monthly telephone conferences to answer your questions about aging. The next teleconference is “Selecting a Senior Living Facility” and is on March 8, 2017, 12:00pm to 1:00pm MST. Registration is required at www.lfsrm.org/caregiver-services, or contact 303-217-5864 or 970-232-1180.
4) Every day there are children in need of a safe environment in Colorado and we need more people to commit to these children! Informational meetings for Foster Care in the Denver Metro area are on March 8th from 12:30-1:30pm and from 5:30-6:30pm at the LFS office 363 S. Harlan Street, Suite 105, Denver, 80226. We hope to see you! Please contact Anne Hamilton for more information 303-217-5869.