June 10, 2020
Dear Friends and Family at Peace,
These past few months have been challenging in many ways. One of the biggest struggles has been the inability to safely gather together for worship as God’s people. While we thank God for the capability to worship Him on our own through devotional time, online worship services, and Peace’s radio broadcast, it’s just not the same when we can’t worship together in person.
Now, we are very excited to announce that we are planning to gather together for . . .
OUTDOOR WORSHIP THIS SUNDAY at 9:00 a.m.
It is so exciting to think we will be able to worship together as a body of believers, once again! It has been so long since we’ve been able to safely gather for worship!
Here is some information about how we plan to worship and gather safely:
- We will worship outside on the grassy field located at the southwest corner of Peace’s campus.
- You may enter the church parking lot from either entrance. We will, however, be limiting the parking to the lots North of the grassy field and East of the garage. For the safety sake, we will be roping off the area between those parking areas for safe foot travel to and from the field.
- In our attempt to practice “safer at home” protocol, we are asking each person or household to:
- bring a lawn chair for each person or a blanket for your family.
- wear facemasks as you walk from your vehicle to the worship area and back.
- observe the 6-foot social distance guidelines during worship. Please position yourself/your household 6 feet away from other folks/households.
- bring your cell phone! We will be sending the order of worship via email so it can be accessed on personal phones or printed off ahead of time. We will also have some printed copies of the service available for those who don’t have phones/copies.
- Please understand we will be singing. This shouldn’t pose a health concern since we are worshiping outdoors and practicing social distancing.
- Offering plates will be available for the gathering of our offerings. However, we will not be passing the plates during worship – again, to keep points of contact to a minimum.
- The parking spaces bordering the field on the East side will be coned off to allow for folks who find it difficult to walk on the grass. (i.e. those with disabilities, stability issues, walker/wheel chair concerns, etc.)
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available.
- Sanitized and monitored bathrooms will be open inside the building (if needed).
- Pray for good weather! (Be watching our website and your emails in the case of poor weather.)
- Be sure to invite friends, family, and neighbors. Always, everyone is invited and welcome!
We are so excited to gather and worship our Lord and God together! Personally, I can’t wait to see you, my church family, in person! However, please, please . . . if you are in a high-risk category or if you are just not comfortable assembling in a larger group, please feel free to stay and worship from home. We will be recording the service and premiering online it at the same time; 9:00 a.m. this Sunday! Meanwhile, may our Lord bless you all and keep you close to Him, safe and well!
In His love and on behalf of our Peace staff,
*** In case of inclement weather, please join us for the online worship at 9 am. ***